Legal systems are complex and justice can be elusive for women. The Legal Advocacy Program at Battered Women’s Support Services helps support women through the legal process.
- The Legal Advocacy Program (LAP) at BWSS provides support, advocacy, information and accompaniment to women who have experienced violence and who are involved in the legal system.
- LAP provides legal information, research, advocacy and support for battered women in family, child protection, immigration, criminal, civil, and poverty law matters.
- LAP provides legal information and support over the telephone or in person
- LAP provides legal workshops and pro-bono legal info sessions for women
- LAP provides legal representation to women who have multiple barriers and have been denied by Legal Services Society for legal representation
For more information about Legal Advocacy Program at Battered Women’s Support Services call 604-687-1867
The Legal Advocacy Program at Battered Women’s Support Services is funded by The Law Foundation of British Columbia and My Sister’s Closet – social enterprise of Battered Women’s Support Services
Download the poster here