Battered Women’s Support Services (BWSS) Strategic Interventions CORE Training is officially sold out.
Although training is sold out, those who are interested can still register for the wait list and will be informed if a spot becomes available.
CORE Training is an interactive, five day professional development opportunity for front-line workers, social service providers, community organizers and managers. CORE training is inspiring, highly informing, builds on existing skills and teaches new tools and approaches based on BWSS 36 years of front-line work.
Workshop topics include:
- Historical, Legal and Social Context of Gender Violence
- Violence in Intimate Relationships
- Sexual Violence
- The Role of Men
- Gender Violence, Substance Use and Mental Health
- Violence Against Women and the Law
- Advocating for Effective Systemic Response
- Moving Ahead
By the end of this highly experiential training, workshop participants will:
- Gain skills in crisis intervention, risk assessment, safety planning, advocacy, and referrals,
- Increase their understanding of best practices in both the clinical and community aspects of ending violence work,
- Develop practical strategies and legal resources to better assist women in accessing justice,
- Understand the importance of working with women who have experienced violence from an anti-oppression approach,
- Develop an understanding and skills related to the importance of witnessing in gender violence intervention,
- Understand the role of men in violence prevention. Participants will gain practical tools and strategies for breaking the silence and a promoting healthy masculine role.
You can acquire different tools and strategies that empower women, their families, and communities.
Learn more about CORE Training here.