Please send a gift of safety today, because safety changes everything!
At BWSS, we know for women living with violence, safety changes everything so we take action every day.
While reports of violent crime to police services is on the decline in Canada, domestic and sexual violence against women reports are actually increasing.
And that’s why we continue to work on the front-line, providing direct support to women and girls.
- It’s why we’re in the field delivering training and education to raise awareness and skills helping increase capacity of communities to respond to instances violence against women.
- It’s why we bring dating violence education through a one of a kind program reaching over 2,000 teenage boys and girls, annually.
- It’s why we work systemically; helping bring change to laws, policies, and practices.
In November 2016,
- 601 women called our crisis line
- 70 new women accessed our services
- 56 women accessed legal services
- 53 women now have personalized safety plan
Any gift you can give today will help. Thank you.