Internal and External Posting
Manager of Employment Services & Programs
Full-time, 40 hours/week, Salary Negotiable Based on Experience/Knowledge
Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
(Evenings, weekends and on call are required)
Battered Women’s Support Services is a feminist anti-violence organization committed to social change!
We are looking for a new member of our Leadership Team!
The Manager of Employment Services & Programs is responsible for managing all aspects of Battered Women’s Support Services Empowering Women’s Employment Program. This is a BWSS Leadership Team position.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
From a feminist, anti-oppression perspective plans, organizes, controls and directs the provision of employment services and programming for assigned new and existing programs, services and projects
Ensures effective program and service delivery that is consistent with BWSS’s mandate and policy, legal, contractual, budgetary and other requirements.
Participates in program development, prepares grant proposals for submission.
Participates as a member of senior management in developing long range and strategic plans assessing and resolving operational issues and policies.
Develops and establishes standards and accountability control mechanisms for employment service provision in accordance with mandate, funding requirements, policies, goals and collective agreement requirements and approved by Executive Director.
Working in collaboration determines program, resource, budgetary, operational and organizational requirements for all new and existing employment services and programs.
Supervises, develops and motivates unionized employment service staff and other assigned staff consistent with feminist anti-oppression perspective to attain program objectives, ensure effective employment service case planning and management, accountability to funding requirements, referring agencies, community and women accessing services.
Delivers employment program services.
Communicates and promotes BWSS services and programs and the value therein
1. Strong demonstrated feminist leadership skills
2. Demonstrated ability to lead operational and administrative management, planning, organizing, human resources, analytical and communications.
3. Minimum 5 years experience providing counselling, support, information and referrals to women survivors of violence. This experience has resulted in a thorough understanding of the dynamics of abuse, supportive interventions and current and emerging issues affecting survivors.
4. Employment counselling experience and knowledge of employment issues for women survivors of violence with specific knowledge of systemic barriers for Aboriginal and Immigrant women.
5. Strong feminist anti-oppression analysis of violence against women.
6. Strong counselling, advocacy skills, group facilitation and presentation skills.
7. Extensive theoretical and experiential training related to violence against women, feminist counselling and employment counselling.
8. Demonstrated program development experience and skills
9. Three to five years of progressively more responsible program management experience in feminist or community social service sector with demonstrated and in-depth working knowledge of BWSS or community based programs and services, applicable legislation and policies
10. Good organization and time management skills.
11. Strong conflict resolution skills and the ability to create an atmosphere of trust and support within BWSS Empowering Women Employment Program team.
12. Well-developed communication skills both written and verbal.
This position is part of an organization where the sole purpose is to alleviate and address the conditions of a disadvantaged group (women who are marginalized by violence and various forms of inequalities) being female is a bona fide occupational requirement. As such, only women will be considered for this position. Aboriginal women, Immigrant women and women of colour are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Process & Deadline
All expressions of interest must be received by 5 pm Friday, January 23, 2009. Anticipated start date is February 2009.
Please send resume complete with three references to:
Angela Marie MacDougall
Address: P.O. Box 21503 – 1424 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, V5L 5G2
Phone: 604-687-1613 Fax: 604-687-1864 Email: director @bwss.org