BWSS AWARE program presents
Life Skills and the Job Search Process Workshop Series
10 Week Group Workshop Series
The AWARE program at BWSS helps women move out of the cycle of trauma and violence through employment. Life Skills and the Job Search Process is a 10-week group-based online training, starting at Thursday February 10th from 10:30am –11:30am.
Topics covered in the workshops include:
- Thursday, February 10th Impacts of Abuse Recognizing, Understanding and Honouring our Healing Journeys
- Thursday, February 17th Self-Awareness, Resilience and Coping with Change
- Thursday, February 24th Communication & Assertiveness Setting Boundaries
- Thursday, March 3rd Organization Skills: Time Management, Goal Planning & Prioritizing
- Thursday, March 10th Empowering Ourselves: Health, Relations with Self and Others Self-Care & Confidence Build
- Thursday, March 17th Employment Readiness Skills and Strengths / New Trends in Job Search
- Thursday, March 24th The Job Search Process: Beginning, Next Steps & Techniques Resume & Cover Letter
- Thursday, March 31st Job Interviews Self-Marketing & Networking
- Thursday, April 7th Rights and Responsibilities in the Workplace Conflict Management
- Thursday, April 14th Accepting, Starting and Maintaining Employment
AWARE services include:
- One to one support
- Counselling and coaching
- Career exploration
- One to one support with single partner employment initiative applications
- Resume development and job search
- Bus tickets and food supports provided to participants
- Learn more about AWARE here.
Who can apply?
- AWARE is open to self-identified women applicants.
- Women who want to take the life skills and the job search process workshop series do not need a formal referral. Women who are survivors of violence and abuse, underemployed (working less than 10 hours a week), or unemployed can be self-referred to participate in the AWARE program.
- Intake is continuous
- AWARE participants have access to all BWSS programs
For more information and/or to register please email Claudia, [email protected]