Twice a year, BWSS offers training for self-identified women who want to volunteer on our Crisis and Intake Line to provide crisis support to women survivors of violence.
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN:
• Theoretical Framework of Violence Against Women
• Crisis Intervention and Peer Counselling
• Safety Planning
• Group Facilitation and Group Design
• Criminal, Family, and Immigration Law
• Anti-Oppression Analysis and Decolonizing Practice
• Reproductive Justice Framework
• Sex, Sexuality, and Healing from Sexualized Violence and Abuse
• Support for Indigenous Women who have experienced the impacts of colonization, assimilation, residential schools, and the intergenerational effects of residential schools
• Support for Non-Status, Refugee, and Immigrant Women and Women with Precarious Immigration Status who have experienced gendered persecution, political persecution, sexualized violence, and intimate violence
• Support for LGBT*Q2S Survivors of Violence and Abuse
• and more…
JOIN Battered Women’s Support Services and provide support to self-identified women survivors of violence on our Crisis and Intake Line, facilitate support groups, provide community outreach and education, and participate in special projects and ongoing training.
TUESDAY • JULY/8/2014 • 6:00pm
THURSDAY • JULY/10/2014 • 3:30pm
SEPTEMBER 19 TO DECEMBER 5
TO REGISTER OR FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL Emma at 604.687.1868 ext. 317 EMAIL email@example.com
You can download the poster here.
If you could do something to end violence against girls and women, wouldn’t you?
I am, very, Interested, please sign, me up