Sisters’ Circle: Healing the Grief with the Medicine Wheel
Closed Group for Indigenous Women and Girls
8 Weeks, Every Friday • Feb 21 to Apr 11
In the group, women will:
- Create a traditional medicine wheel to work with
- Learn the teachings
- Assess their strengths/challenges
- Connect to the grounding energy of Mother Earth and each other
- Identify their collective wounding experiences
- Acknowledge the grief from traumatic/wounding experiences and that of our ancestors, family members that has been passed on
- Practice using the tools we acquire
The group is starting on Friday, February 21st, 2014 and will be held from 12:30 to 2:30 pm at BWSS office or in nature when weather permits.
The Medicine Wheel can be a powerful tool we can call upon to assess the influences and/or challenges affecting us on a mental, emotional, physical and spiritual level at any given time throughout our life cycle.
In order to be respectful of ceremony and the process of each woman that enters the circle, this will be a small closed group. A requirement will be an openness and willingness to honour the interconnectedness of “all my relations”.
For more information and/or to join the group, please call 604.687.1867 or email email@example.com.
You can download the poster here.
To learn more about BWSS Indigenous Women’s Program, please visit this page.
Intrinsic to women’s empowerment, support groups at BWSS are made possible with the financial contributions from people like you.