2014 Women’s Safety and Outreach Volunteer Training
BWSS offers training for women who want to volunteer for our Women’s Safety and Outreach Program to provide crisis support to girls and women survivors of gender violence in Downtown Eastside Vancouver, Coast Salish Territory.
Join Battered Women’s Support Services to provide mobile crisis support, to participate in education and outreach services and take action in the global movement to male end violence against women.
Participants will learn:
• Theoretical framework to understand the roots of violence against women globally
• Historical framework to understand the roots violence against women in Downtown Eastside Vancouver
• Crisis intervention and support skills for women survivors of physical and/or sexual violence
• Assessment and safety planning
• Peer counselling and communication skills
• Applying a decolonizing and anti-oppression analysis
• Supporting women with the intersection of Trauma, Substance Use and Mental Ill Health
• Advocacy and accompaniment skills to help women navigate various systems including legal and housing
Information Session • THURSDAY, September 25, 2014 6-7 PM
Training Dates • October 11,12 and October 18,19, 2014
For more information contact Terriea.
EMAIL [email protected]
You can download poster here.
Last year, Battered Women’s Support Services responded to over 13,000 crisis calls from women and girls to get help and end violence. We could not provide this essential support without your contribution.