As a part of our ongoing commitment to ending violence against women, AWARE is offering new sessions, starting from January 7, 2014.
BWSS offers a specialized, progressive, employment program that support women who have experienced violence and abuse in their lives to move towards independence and self-reliance. AWARE is a specialized Trauma Informed Program for women who have experienced violence and/or abuse in their lives. The AWARE program adheres to a holistic approach offering employment related skills training, volunteer placements, career exploration and other activities related to individual employment goals.
Our specialized employment program includes:
• Recognizing, Understanding and Overcoming the Impact of Abuse (RUOIA)
• Workshops related to personal development and employment related skills
• Career Exploration including informational interviews, job search skills, volunteer work experience
• Information and referrals to educational and training opportunities
• 1-1 counselling/coaching skills
• Full access to all BWSS services and programs including legal information, advocacy, crisis support and support groups
To learn more about our upcoming New Sessions contact us at 778.628.1867 or [email protected].
For more information about Advancing Women’s Awareness Regarding Employment, please visit here.