Join us for BC Housing Workshops presented by BWSS on Fridays at 2 pm where we will be joined by Alex, BC Housing’s Priority Placement Coordinator.
This 60 to 90-minute workshop will include a presentation and question and answer session for women who want to learn more about BC Housing and the Priority Placement Program which provides priority access for women in BC who have experienced violence or are at risk of violence.
Topics covered in the workshops include:
- How to apply for BC Housing
- BC Housing Priority Placement eligibility,
- Overview of the Priority Placement Program,
- Next steps after completing your application,
- Additional programs and resources offered by BC Housing,
- BC Housing Transfer requests (for current BC Housing tenants),
- Overview of BC Housing’s off-registry buildings (non-profit housing and housing co-operatives), and
- Overview of the Housing Advocate role at BWSS.
The BC Housing workshops will conclude with an overview of BWSS’s Housing Advocate role and follow-up Q+A to answer any additional questions.
Each workshop is approximately 60-90 minutes and will be held online via Zoom.
To register or for more information call Salena (BWSS Housing Advocate) at 236-858-9730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org