On #GivingTuesday you can give the gift of Safety
Violence by a male partner is the leading cause of non-fatal injury to women in Canada and in Canada, every five days a woman is killed by her male partner.
On any given night in Canada, 3,500 women and their 2,700 children sleep in shelters because it isn’t safe at home. On any given night, about 300 women and their children are turned away because shelters are already full.
At BWSS we know Safety Changes Everything.
All donations made on November 28th will be matched dollar for dollar.
Every dollar will bring safety for girls and women in our community.
This is what BWSS did in 2016:
- responded to over 11,000 requests for services
- 638 women accessed our services for the first time
- 6,871 calls to our crisis line
- 244 new intakes for counselling
- 194 women joined support groups for their first time
- 2816 counselling sessions
- created 450 personalized safety plans
- accompanied 31 women to court
Donate today to support the safety of women and their children.