Twice a year, BWSS offers training for self-identified women who want to volunteer on our Crisis and Intake Line to provide crisis support to women survivors of violence.
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN:
• Theoretical Framework of Violence Against Women
• Crisis Intervention and Peer Counselling
• Safety Planning
• Group Facilitation and Group Design
• Criminal, Family, and Immigration Law
• Anti-Oppression Analysis and Decolonizing Practice
• Reproductive Justice Framework
• Sex, Sexuality, and Healing from Sexualized Violence and Abuse
• Support for Indigenous Women who have experienced the impacts of colonization, assimilation, residential schools, and the intergenerational effects of residential schools
• Support for Non-Status, Refugee, and Immigrant Women and Women with Precarious Immigration Status who have experienced gendered persecution, political persecution, sexualized violence, and intimate violence
• Support for LGBT*Q2S Survivors of Violence and Abuse
• and more…
JOIN Battered Women’s Support Services and provide support to self-identified women survivors of violence on our Crisis and Intake Line, facilitate support groups, provide community outreach and education, and participate in special projects and ongoing training.
Between SEPTEMBER 18 and DECEMBER 4
TO REGISTER OR FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL Emma at 604.687.1868 ext. 317 or EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
If you could do something to end violence against girls and women, wouldn’t you?