Social Media for Social Change!!
Battered Women’s Support Services is looking for Online Community and Social Media Volunteers
Our ideal candidates are self-proclaimed social networking “Experts in Training” who actively use Facebook, Twitter, You Tube and other Web 2.0 platforms. We are looking for women and men who know what is hot now and are willing to explore what is next. You should have a passion for exploring cutting edge social networking platforms!
In these exciting newly created roles, you will work with our Communications Team to expand the online social media presence for:
1. Battered Women’s Support Services,
2. The Violence Stops Here – Men Stopping Violence’
3. My Sister’s Closet – a social enterprise of Battered Women’s Support Services’
4. Ending Violence Blog and
5. Youth Engagement in Violence Prevention
You will embrace the brand online, help design and then carry the message crafted by the Communication Team. In this important role, you will be responsible for professionally representing our commitment to using social media for social change!!
- In collaboration with and with direction from the Communications Team launch, manage and expand social media and online presence.
- Work to ensure proper messaging is being executed online and is relevant to organizational goal social change goals.
- Support and protect a provincial, nationally and expanding globally recognized brand by ensuring positive messaging is maintained in community.
- Establish consistency of message across multiple networks while tailoring messaging for our constituents.
- Manage online discussions by listening to constituents, reading between the lines, and responding in a timely manner to constituents needs and requests.
- Monitor and track discussion topics for Communications Team.
- You will be able to commitment to volunteering four to eight hours a week for three to six months, flexible hours and be quickly accessible by phone and email.
- An interest and demonstrated commitment to ending violence against women
- Willingness to learn and adopt an anti-oppression feminist analysis of violence against women
- Must have active accounts across key social media sites including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Must have exceptional traditional writing and grammatical skills and a flair for using "social networking speak" and online jargon.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Collaborative team player able to integrate with a diverse team full of opinions and ideas.
- Online search expert able to track and monitor postings relevant to the brand.
- Demonstrated skills preferred in anti-violence work, journalism or new media.
- Diligent work ethic and insatiable desire to expand skills and be the best.
For more information or to apply: