Yesterday was our annual volunteer recognition dinner which is held every year during the week of International Women’s Day. The recognition dinner is an opportunity for us to honour the significant contributions our volunteers have made through crisis and victim services, advocacy and violence prevention work.
80 of our volunteers attended an amazing night of celebration at Federico’s Supper Club, including special entertainment from stand-up comedian Melanie Rose and lots of dancing! (Check out photo’s from the event below)
Battered Women’s Support Services volunteers help us to:
- Answer over 10,000 crisis calls annually
- Facilitate one of a kind violence prevention workshops for youth
- Enable women to access beautiful thrift clothing while generating funds for BWSS services and programs.
- Provide culturally specific services for Indigenous women and girls
- Support women through the criminal, family, Immigration and refugee legal systems
- Answer our business line and administration support to our entire team
- Help women with their economic livelihood sustainability through our employment program
- Deliver Specialized Groups
Without each individual volunteer we couldn’t do this work.
We appreciate our volunteers everyday but our annual event is an opportunity for volunteers, staff and board members to come together and acknowledge, recognize and celebrate all the remarkable work from our volunteers.
Thank you, to all the volunteers who play such an important role at Battered Women’s Support Services, your passion and dedication helps BWSS strengthen our impact for girls, women and the community.
For more information on our volunteer programs and how YOU can get involved email email@example.com