“Volunteering with BWSS is life changing. You learn so much and it’s very empowering and healing to support other women.” -BWSS Volunteer
Take action! Register now for BWSS “life changing” world renowned training. We are now taking applications for our Fall 2022 training cohort.
Learn from leaders in the field.
BWSS, one of kind Violence Prevention Intervention Training has been offered for over 40 years. We have trained thousands of people to answer the BWSS crisis line and support survivors of gender-based violence.
This free training, mostly virtual, provides skills-based knowledge grounded in a strong theoretical framework for understanding gender-based violence and systemic oppression.
Through this inclusive, intensive training, participants will acquire knowledge and skills related to:
- Theoretical framework of violence against girls, women, femmes and 2SLGBTQI+ survivors of gender-based violence
- Trauma informed crisis intervention
- Safety assessment, lethality assessment and safety planning
- Group facilitation
- Introduction to criminal, family, and immigration law
- Feminist, intersectional, and decolonizing practices
- Impacts of colonization, assimilation, and residential schools
- Understanding the spectrum of gender-based violence
“I am a true believer in the power of one… If one volunteer picks up the crisis line and speaks to a [survivor]…, that phone call helped them. At BWSS I feel I have made a difference…At BWSS I feel I have made a difference in saving lives …” -Pavan
Training takes place every Friday, between Sept 9 to Dec 2, 2022, from 10AM – 4PM
Registration is ongoing. For more information or to apply: Call 604.687.1868 Or email firstname.lastname@example.org