BWSS Violence Prevention and Intervention Training Program
A life-changing program Over 40 Years of Providing Highly Recognized Training
This program is offered to women, femmes, and transfeminine people who want to obtain the necessary skills to contribute to ending gender-based violence.
Through this inclusive, intensive training, participants will acquire knowledge and skills related to:
- Theoretical framework of violence against girls, women, femmes, and 2SL GBTOI+ survivors of gender-based violence
- Trauma and violence-informed crisis intervention
- Safety assessment, lethality assessment, and safety planning
- Group facilitation – theory and practice
- Introduction to criminal, family, and immigration law
- Intersectional feminist, decolonizing, and anti-racism practices
- Impacts of colonization, assimilation, and residential schools
- Understanding the spectrum of gender-based violence including intimate, domestic, and sexualized violence
- Sexual assault response
Training takes place every Friday (10 am to 4 pm) from January 6 to March 24, 2023.
Registration is ongoing.
For more information: Call 778.238.3935 or 604.687.1868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org